Tier2 has an in-depth industry and capability for project leadership, built on our team’s extensive experience, that extends across the entire project supply-chain.
Many of Tier2 members started their career within the downstream sectors of Petrochemical and Chemical and instinctively understand the need for safe efficient operations, budget and turnaround schedule discipline, necessary to underpin a lean business strategy.
Tier2 project leaders are all from an engineering background, whether that be Process, Civils/structural, Mech, Elec or instrumentation and are all capable of coordinating, leading the facilities design and development that underpin the refinery business sector.
We all have a vast knowledge of the engineering authority technical practises, through to Operations, as a primary stakeholder and the operational site safe systems of work, necessary to deliver a truly integrated project.
Safety and the influence of this value is embedded, as a core leadership quality that we instil across the project supply chain, from concept design through to execution and handover to operations. The project risk matrix is a key consideration that underpins our schedules and work scope management.
As the client appointed integrated project management team (IPMT), we act as the client representative and hold accountability for leading the performance across the whole of the project supply chain, accountable to the client for the complete management and leadership of the project scope.
- Provide the client with a fully integrated project leadership team, covering all 12 project functions, as a single performance managed team, or provide specific performance managed IPMT leadership functions managed by Tier2.
- Joint venture –Project representation and leadership
- Develop the project HSSE plans, controls and risk assurance frameworks.
- Represent the Client through the control gates of Concept-FEED -project optimisation.
- Project estimation for stage gate review and modelling.
- Risk management and impact assessment modelling.
- Prepare feasibility studies, providing full scope costing to support client concept investment modelling.
- Execution planning to define construction-operations handover and start-up.
- Project scoping and performance management planning for leading EPC and specialist engineering centres.
- Manage and deliver the project definition and define with the client the performance specifications, engineering technical practices,
- Lead on behalf of the Client the engineering and 3rd party project supply chain.
- Procurement and contract management, strategic planning and administration.
- Project control management and reporting to all stakeholders.
- Management of the project development stages to define level 1-4 costs and schedule.
- Manage the tender and award process securing optimum value for our clients through application of a lean PSCM contract strategies.
- Package engineering, QA/QC and logistics management.
- Representation of projects as the client representative across the stakeholder supply chain.
- Construction management.
- Commissioning planning and leadership.
- Operations readiness planning and start-up.
Our Project Focus
- Facility control room design- manufacture and installation management
Security-information and communication.
- Disinvestment and decommissioning of process plant and facilities.
- Management of design -installation and handover of new refinery facilities and process plant to operations.
- Civil/structural facilities and site infrastructure design and construction management -covering process, refining, storage- marine.
- Management of Category C modification projects-site upgrades and new process facility developments.
- Facilities projects.
- Power and Utilities.
- Civil, Marine, jetty and ship berthing structures.
- Civils and infrastructure.